The BIOS update of a mainboard is a critical process that should not be interrupted. If an error occurs e.g. due to power failure the BIOS may become corrupted; this can result in a failure to boot and make the system completely
inoperable. Thanks to the Fujitsu Technology Solutions Recovery BIOS functionality a new BIOS can be flashed any time, even after such a severe flash failure has occurred.
Note: Fujitsu Technology Solutions provides new BIOS versions in a couple of different ways; this allows the user to choose the most convenient and reliable a way for flashing their systems:
• From Floppy Disk (also Recovery BIOS possible)
• From USB Memory Stick (also Recovery BIOS possible)
• From CD/DVD Drive (by ISO-Image)
• From within Windows with the DeskFlash Utility
Login to and download the file to update the BIOS
BIOS Update from Floppy Disk
A bootable BIOS Update Diskette is created and used for the update:
1. Download the appropriate update file from our website
2. Insert a blank floppy (1,44MB) and run the update file (e.g. 2836S1R100.exe for D2831-S).
3. A bootable floppy will be created
4. Insert the floppy disk into the system which should be updated
5. Restart the PC and make sure that the system will boot from diskette
(Attention: possibly, the boot order must be checked and modified)
6. The BIOS update process is done automatically
7. Follow the on-screen information if required to complete the process
8. Remove the floppy disk from the system
9. Restart the system and enter the BIOS by pressing the <F2> key to enter the BIOS Setup.
10. Select EXIT, select “Get Default Values”
Hint: If the BIOS Setup Values have been changed by the user remember that user settings
11. Exit the BIOS Setup.