Update Fujitsu server BIOS with caution to avoid critical interruptions. Power failures during this process can corrupt the BIOS, rendering your system inoperable. Morover, Fujitsu Technology Solutions Recovery BIOS allows you to reflash the BIOS, even after severe failures.
Note: Nonetheless, Looking to update your Fujitsu server? Fujitsu Technology Solutions offers multiple ways to access new BIOS versions. However, it ensures a convenient and dependable system flashing experience.
- • From Floppy Disk (also Recovery BIOS possible)
- • From USB Memory Stick (also Recovery BIOS possible)
- • From CD/DVD Drive (by ISO-Image)
- • From within Windows with the DeskFlash Utility
Moreover Login to and download the file to update the BIOS
BIOS Update from Floppy Disk
A bootable BIOS Update Diskette is created and used for the update:
1. Download the appropriate update file from our website
2. Insert a blank floppy (1,44MB) and run the update file (e.g. 2836S1R100.exe for D2831-S).
3. A bootable floppy will be created
4. Insert the floppy disk into the system which should be updated
5. Restart the PC and make sure that the system will boot from diskette
(Attention: possibly, the boot order must be checked and modified)
6. The BIOS update process is done automatically
7. Follow the on-screen information if required to complete the process
8. Remove the floppy disk from the system
9. Restart the system and enter the BIOS by pressing the <F2> key to enter the BIOS Setup.
10. Select EXIT, select “Get Default Values”
Hint: However, If the BIOS Setup Values have been changed by the user remember that user settings
11. Exit the BIOS Setup.