Amazon Virtual Private Cloud is a commercial cloud computing service that provides users a virtual private cloud, by “provision[ing] a logically isolated section of Amazon Web Services Cloud”. Enterprise customers are able to access the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud over an IPsec based virtual private network. To configure AWS VPC, follow the steps below.
Logon to AWS Console.
Select the Region where you want to host your VPC.
See all regions here
Navigate to Services (Or Search for VPC)
– Then to Networking &Content Delivery
– To VPC
In your VPC Window,
– Click on create VPC
– Select your desired VPC name
– Enter the CIDR Block pick your Subnet range ( for any of the IP Classes A,B,C)
Note: Tenancy is Default
Navigate to the Subnet area
– Create a new Subnet
– Choose your created VPC
-Select the same same Subnet used when setting up the VPC.
Navigate Internet Gateway (IGW)
– Create a New One
– Enter an IGW Name
– Now attach it your VPC
Navigate to the routing table
– Click on Routes
– Create a new route for the Internet Connection (0.0.0.0/0) and add it your VPC.
If VPN is being used, Navigate to VPN session
– Create one
– add the Public IP from the customer Site and configure the needed routing Options.