In this system, Pleasant Password Server, Roles are referred to as a User Group.
Here are the steps to integrate (import) your existing user group as roles to Pleasant Password Server.
Importing Active Directory User Group (Roles)
- Click on Users & Roles
- Click on Roles
- Now the roles windows open up
Note: You can add a Role locally, but in our case, we are importing from Active Directory, In this way only imported user groups (roles) will have access to our folder (groups) of the password.
- Click on Import Roles from Active Directory Ldap Server as shown below
- This will open up the Directory window
- Click on Action (or select the drop-down menu)
- And Then click on Import Users
- This would open up the import Group window as shown below.
- Click on Get Group List
This will display the group in Active Directory). Select the needed group and
Importing Active Directory Users
Honestly, this step is necessary, because we have already selected Auto Import Users when we integrated Active Directory with the Pleasant Password Server.
- Regardless, users can be imported beforehand.
Users are automatically imported from AD when they try to connect or Access the Password Server.
Note: Since the Distinguish name used points to the entire root domain, all users can access the GUI of the Password Server.
Here is a screenshot of users imported (present) in our server. These include a column for username, AD groups, and email address.
- Also on each user imported or present in our Pleasant Password server, you can perform certain operations as seen above.
– Just select Actions associated with a user name and perform any operations desired or requested.