Below are the steps needed to create a container on Proxmox. https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installation#Video_tutorials
Step 1: Click on create CT
Note: Ensure to choose the Node in which the CT will be placed
– Enter the Hostname,
– Enter the Password,
– Select the template and
– Choose where the container will be stored etc.
Note: Some of these parameters will be overwritten.
On the newly created CT,
– Click on it and edit some Network functions.
– Navigate to the Network tab and delete the MAC Add. This assigns a new MAC Address to the CT.
Step 3: Now Start the CT
You can connect to the CT using the “Embedded noVNC Console” or “Putty” or any other terminal emulator (SSH Client).
Step 4: Launch the Terminal Console (putty) to change the IP address associated with the newly created CT.
- First, use the Command #vzlist to ensure the container created exists (Displays all available CTs).
- Enter #vzctl enter <vm number>
- Now enter the command #vim /etc/network/interfaces And edit the IPv4 Adress.
Edit the Ip address and save (#:wq) and initiate the #services network restart.
– Enter a corresponding command #vim /etc/network/interfaces.tail
Then edit, save, quit as well and exit from the CT
See this for all versions and features of Proxmox https://www.youtube.com/user/ProxmoxVE