You may want to run multiple VMs on your operating system, with the type 2 virtualization type, this is possible. To achieve this, the following steps below need to be performed.
– To proceed, ensure you have VirtualBox installed on your device.
On how to perform Post OS Installation – Configure Windows Server 2019 Properties, see https://techdirectarchive.com/2020/03/19/post-os-installation-configure-windows-server-2019-properties/
Part A: Prepare the Virtualbox environment to hold the windows folders for the new VM. On how to install and configure Ubuntu Linux, see the visit link https://techdirectarchive.com/2020/04/26/virtualbox-how-to-install-and-configure-linux-via-the-command-line-and-web-interface/
– Click on “New” from the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager
Enter the name, version, desired path to host the VMs and click on continue
Select the memory size as shown below.
– You can type in the memory size or use the bar to increase it as well.
Click on “create a virtual hard disk now”
This will open the hard disk type window as shown below.
– I will select VDI (Virtual Disk image)
Choose if you wish the hard disk to dynamically increase or use a fixed hard disk file size. I will be using a fixed size which will be entered in the next page
Enter the Hard Disk size of your choice as shown below
– You can also change the file location if you wish from here.
Next, this will create the VM as shown below
Now the VM creation process is complate and VM successfull created.
Part B: To access and attached the Windows Server 2019 ISO file, the following steps should be followed.
Click on the Server and Click or settings or
– Right click on the server and select settings
Click on storage
– Click on Empty under the control IDE
– Select the Disk icon and choose the Operating system you wish to install as shown below
– Click on “ok”
Next, select the VM and click on start to continue the installation of Windows Server 2019.
This will load windows and prompt for the steps in Part C below.
Part C: This step is similar to installing Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 on Virtualbox.
On the Windows Setup page,
– Select the language to install
– Time and currency format
– Keyboard or input method
Click on Next
Click on “Install now“
– Note: Here you could click on repair your computer if this is the approach you need to take or use “Reset this PC”. See how to repair Windows 10 locally for similar steps https://techdirectarchive.com/2020/03/15/resetting-or-reinstalling-windows-10/
Select the operating system you wish to install and
– Click on Next.
Accept the license agreement as shown below and click on next
Select custom install as shown below to install Windows
– Select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)
Select the Drive to install Windows and click on Next
Note: You can create additional drive and install Windows on it
– You can also format, delete and extend drives in this window.
After this step, Windows will be installed unto the system.
When this step complete, the the device will reboot after few seconds
– Note: You can restart immediately
This will prepare and get windows ready as shown below
the customise settings window will be displayed.
– Enter the Password and
– Click on finish to complete Windows Server 2019 Installation.
Now Windows Server 2019 setup is now complete as shown below.
To access the login windows, use the Contl+Alt+Del and enter your password to access Windows
If you found this article useful, kindly leave a comment below.