Note: You need the Cisco CCO login and a Cisco support contract in order to be abale to run the update.
– Click on Run ASDM.
– Click on tools
– Click on check for ASA/ASDM updates
– The CCO login Authentication window open,
– enter your details and click on login.
The cisco.com upgrade wizard appears, click on next
– Select the software you wish to upgrade, e.g by ticking the ASA upgrade tab or ASDm and select the upgrade version you need
Or choose both the ASA and ASDM tab and click and select the respective version you desire and click on next
Now it shows the changes that will be applied (Review changes)
And thereafter the wizard will now install your selected upgrade and when its done click on next and thick the option to save the configuration and click on finish
– Now exit the ASDM and login to view the version you applied.