An email address is a unique identifier for an email account. It is used to send and receive email messages over the Internet. This is similar to physical mail, an email message requires an address for both the sender and recipient in order to be sent successfully. The general format of an email address is local-part@domain, and a specific example is email@example.com. An address consists of two parts. The part before the @ symbol (local part) identifies the name of a mailbox. This is often the username of the recipient. Now that we fully understand what an email address is., let’s proceed to resolve this issue.
Microsoft Edge is a cross-platform web browser developed by Microsoft. It was first released for Windows 10 and Xbox One in 2015, then for Android and iOS in 2017, for macOS in 2019, and as a preview for Linux in October 2020. Microsoft Edge brings you performance, security and privacy, all in one browser. Browse the web anywhere with one seamless experience from your phone to your computer and other signed-in devices. - Microsoft Edge gives you the tools to protect your privacy online with features like tracking prevention, AdBlock Plus and InPrivate browsing.
Open Microsoft Edge and click the three dots in the top right corner.
– Navigate to Edge Settings, you can use this URL on Edge edge://settings/addresses
– Click on Profiles
– Switch the save and fill address off as shown below
– If there are email addresses you do not want Edge to remember, you can delete them from here as well.
As you can see below, we have turned off the option to have our email addresses saved (remembered) by Edge.
– As you can see also, you no longer have the option to “Add address”
If you do not want to take this route to remove these email addresses, you can temporarily clear them by clearing the cache.
– Note: You ca also use an extension to do this.
Navigate to edge settings, here is the URL: edge://settings/privacy
– Click on the Privacy, search and services window
– Under the browser data session,
– Click on clear browsing data as shown below
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.