I have broken this installation into Guide into two in order not to have lengthy documentation. Please see the how-to install DriveLock Encryption software (Standalone Installation) and also see DriveLock with a focus on Encryption.
Prerequisites: It is recommended to have the DriveLock Enterprise Service and DriveLock (components) installed or else, this step will not work.
– Click on The DriveLock QuickSetup Wizard as shown in the image below
This will open the DriveLock Setup wizard. Ensure the Server-name is entered correctly and resolvable
– Enter the ports (most times, these are populated automatically).
– Enter the credentials to connect to the server when the server is on another or no domain
– Click on “verify Server”
As we can see below, the server has been verified correctly
– Since this is a test environment, I will select the Try DriveLock for 30 days.
This will communicate with the server and the license will be applied
The next step here will be deployed through the DriveLock Enterprise Service using the push installation.
– For this to work, the software packages must be uploaded to DriveLock Enterprise Service as shown below.
Create a default DriveLock policy that will deploy the DriveLock agent as a company policy. This default policy needs to be created now so the agent can retrieve the settings.
– Click on create policy as shown below
This will open the Default company policy – Centrally stored DriveLock Policy as shown below.
– Click on Publish and use by agent
– This will open up a publishing comment window as shown below
– Enter a comment and click on ok.
This will let you know with a prompt as shown below that the policy was published and can be used by the agents.
– Click on ok.
Note: Ensure the Default company policy – Centrally stored DriveLock Policy window is closed, or else you cannot proceed with the quick setup.
Select the Organisation Unit or Active Directory Group and
– Click on next.
This will ensure the agents are automatically installed on the given Active Directory groups or organization units.
I will select the Active Directory Organisation Unit
– I will select Employee PC and
– Click on Ok
This will display the Distinguish name this policy will be applied to as shown below.
– Click on Next
Next, enter the user account and password with administrative permission on the computers to be installed.
– Click on Next
Click on Finish. You can optionally click to Launch DriveLock Control Center as shown below.
Note: The DriveLock Control Center (DCC) lets you create dynamic reports and forensic analysis reports from events that were reported by DriveLock Agents data to a central server running the DriveLock Enterprise Service (DES). You can use the DCC to monitor the use of mobile drives, devices and data transfers in aggregate or in detail.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.