SQL Server Management Studio is a software application first launched with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 that is used for configuring, managing, and administering all components within Microsoft SQL Server. It’s the successor to the Enterprise Manager in SQL 2000. See this guide on how to download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express edition and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on Windows 10 and Windows Server.
Note: This will only uninstall SSMS but not the SQL Server instance. See how to uninstall Microsoft SQL Server on Windows 10 and Windows Server. Please also take a look at the following article on how to uninstall Oracle Database 11G or 12c.
In this guide, I will be discussing how to uninstall SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). See the following links for some MsQL related topics.
– How to use a dedicated MsSQL Db for Pleasant Password.
– How to migrate Veeam MsSQL Database to a new MsSQL Server.
– How to reset MSSQL Server SA Password on Ubuntu via the command line and SQL Server Management Studio.
Method 1: To begin the uninstall process, navigate to Control Panel and then Programs and Features as shown below
– Select Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and
– Select Uninstall (You can either right-click on the program you want to uninstall or select the program and click on uninstall as shown above).
Next, you would see the following windows, since we are interested in uninstalling SSMS,
– Click on uninstall
Wait for uninstalling the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) or “Cancel” the installation.
Now the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is uninstalled.
– Click on “Close” as shown below.
Method 2: Begin the removal process by navigating to Settings from the Start menu and then choose Apps.
– Search for Management studio in the search box.
– Select Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio as shown below and
– Select Uninstall.
Therefore follow the steps above from where we stopped here to complete the uninstallation. Regardless of the method you use, you will be able to uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio from your server correctly.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.