MPA Tools was developed by Veles software which is an innovative and leading provider of technology solutions for IT professionals. MPA Tools is a fully-featured Remote Management Software designed to serve your IT needs by simplifying and improving your IT administration tasks and minimizes problem resolution time for IT professionals. In this article, I will be demonstrating how to download, install, and configure some vital components of the MPA tools.
Kindly click on download MPA tools to have it downloaded to your device. Kindly refer to this page for more on MPA Tools Review and Product Details. To download the MPA-Tools software, kindly navigate to the following link.
Guide to install and configure MPA Tools
I will walk you through installing and configuring MPA Tools. Now that we have downloaded the setup file,
– Double click on the setup as shown below
This will open up the MPA Tools setup window as shown below.
– Click on Next to continue the installation.
Accept the software license agreement as shown below and Click on “Next”.
Browse to your desired location (folder) where you would want the MPA Tools installed unto.
– I will choose the default location, and
– Click on Next
On the “Ready to install MPA Tools”, click on install as shown below. This will ensure the MPA-Tools are installed.
You will be required to accept the User Account Control as shown below
Note: MPA Tools is signed with Comodo EV Code Signing certificate, which is the highest type of code signing certificate that is fully trusted by Windows Operating Systems.
Note: The installation process is very fast. Click on the “Finish” button to exit the setup window as shown below.
To access the MPA Tools, click on your Windows Start button and navigate to the MPA Tools as shown be
– Launch the MPA tool by clicking on it.
Note: This MPA-Tools requires.NetFramework version 4.8, if you currently do not have this, you will be prompted to download it. Click on to continue with the download process. This setup can be downloaded from this link.
– You may have to restart your system after installing Microsoft .NetFramework version 4.8.
As you can see below, the MPA-Tools has a very unique and intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) and the discovery process is very fast.
MPA Tools License Activation
Since I have a license, I will be showing you how to quickly activate the MPA-Tools license. To do this follow the steps discussed.
– Click on the About menu as shown below.
This will open up the About MPA Tools window. If you do not have a license, you can click on “BUY NOW”.
– Note: It has a trial period of 30 days which I will urge you all to please test out as well.
– If you already have a license, simply click on activate now.
Now, you will be prompted to enter the license code as shown below.
Ensure the license is entered correctly, else you will get an error. If everything is successful
Click on ok as shown above and restart the MPA-Tools application.
Note: Here are some minimal configuration on the firewall that needs to be in place. The needed Firewall configurations are as follows.
- Enable ICMP inbound traffic through Firewall (This is optional if you are not planning to Ping computers)
- Enable RPC inbound rule for collecting computer properties (TCP port 135)
- Enable SBM inbound rule for file share (TCP port 445)
- RDP Ports for shadowing (optional)
- Another option is to configure GPO settings: There are two settings that will allow MPA to fully function in your environment. These settings are pretty easy to configure and can provide great control by a Subnet. 1: Windows Firewall: Allow ICMP exceptions and 2: Allow inbound remote administration exception
The two needed as described in the figure below. See this guide for more information on what is Group Policy Object and how can it be launched, GPUpdate vs GPUpdate force, and for a comprehensive list of articles I have written on GPO, please visit the following link.
Next, you would have to apply the newly created GPO to the domain as shown below.
Features of MPA Tools
Now, we have installed and configured MPA Tools, like I described in this article “MPA Tools Review and Product Details“, this tool has lots of features as shown below. I will be demonstrating some of these features discussed below. Please follow along.
- Reporting capability - Troubleshooting - Device management and troubleshooting - Patch Management - Compliance Management - Remote Administration - Admin Tasks Automation - User Logs Management - File Tree Troubleshooting - Auditing (Audit Trail) - Access Controls/Permissions - SCCM client and collection Management - Software Inventory - Diagnostic Tools (Diagnostic Testing) - Server Monitoring - Device Auto Discovery - Multi-Platform
MPA Tools has an exhaustive list of features and I will be discussing just a few of the above features. Kindly follow along. For some of the features, I will not be able to cover, kindly refer to the following link.
As discussed earlier, the installation and discovery process is very fast. Below are some servers it discovered
Note: MPA Tools also do not require to have an agent on remote computers to work. It is quite simple to use and do not require to perform any special installation steps.
Click on any of the servers to access the properties. Also, you can launch various commands such as the “Remote Desktop”, and Restart the server from this console. Kindly click on the “ACTIONS” tab for more actions (functions) you can perform. As you can see they are enormous and very handy.
Patch management consists of scanning available devices on a network for missing software updates referred to as “patches” and fixing the problem by deploying those patches. MPA-Tools Patch Manager is built to integrate with WSUS and Microsoft update agent to automatically update Windows patches.
As you can see below, there are now some available updates, click on the green button to install these updates.
MPA Tool integrates with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, and Intune. This enables you to monitor remote devices from Active Directory (AD), Azure AD, Intune, SCCM. Below are some features and tools available in the MPA Tool in one console with the ability to manage SCCM and Intune
How to save SCCM, Azure Active Directory, and SQL Server connection settings
Click on the settings menu as shown below. This will open up the following window
Note: To get your Azure AD Tenant ID, navigate to Azure AD portal and click on the overview.
Below are some of the Computer Connection Options that are available to you to confgure. Please tweak this to your desired need.
IP Range Scanning Capability
The MPA-Tools offers IP range scanning capabilities as you can see below.
The MPA-Tools is capable of ping individual as well as multiple devices all at once. If you wish to ping multiple devices, simply select the respective folders as shown below and
– Right-click on them and
– Select PING! Computers as shown below.
Here is the output of the ping result below
You can run some set of Actions against these selected and ping-able devices as shown below. Note: There is a lot of information on this dashboard, please take note of all the actions you can perform against remote devices.
Now, I will love to perform some sets of actions against these devices such as “restart”.
– To do this, click on the Actions Tab and select Reboot/ Shutdown.
– This will open the restart wizard as shown below. Enter the restart reason and comment as shown below and click on restart.
The MP Tools has amazing customer service and they can be reached via the following Email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: You can also reach them directly from the MPA Tools console by click on the Support Menu and this will automatically open up the support home page as shown above. Kindly fill in your information and submit your query.
Like I said earlier, MPA is a good product, easy to install, and user friendly. This application is mind-blowing and has all the functionalities you need as a SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR. These include script execution on multiple computers, services, and health checks and so much more.
I hope you found this blog post How to install and configure MPA Tools helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session. I welcome you to follow me on Twitter and Facebook.