This error was prompted when i tried telnetting into a specific port.
Below are the following steps that helped resolve my issue
– For some reasons, the TCP/IP field was set to obtain IP Address automatically and the IP address it got was fro a different network
– I created a Windows Firewall to permit traffic from the following steps below for the various ports I wanted to test connectivity (permit). On how to create a firewall rule, use the steps and links below.
Access the control panel Advanced Settings via the following path
Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall
– Click on Advanced Settings as shown below
This will open up the Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
– Select Inbound Rules from the left-hand pane
– Under Inbound Rule Actions.
– Select New Rule.
– For the rule type, Select Port, click next, select TCP and specific local ports.
– Enter 23, and other TCP ports you want to permit and
– Click next.
– Select Allow Connection then click next.
– Specify when the new rule can be applied (Domain, Private, and Public)
– Give the Inbound Rule a meaning name such as “Myrules” 😉
– Click on finished.
Since I have created relatively some firewall articles, please refer to the links below on how to create a firewall rule.