Steps followed to implement this:
1. This environment was installed on AWS (Please see previous article on how to provision an instance on AWS, assign security group(s) and EIP) to successfully connect to the instance (server).
Install PHP on your server
For simplicity sake, i will spilit this article into three
– Install PHP
– Install SimpleSAMLPHP
– Configure SimpleSAMLPHP IDP, Connect to AD etc.
In this article, I will be installing PHP on Windows Server 2012 on AWS
– PHP is an open source web scripting language that is widely use to build dynamic webpages.
Note: You can install PHP by visiting PHP site or by installing Apache/WAMP etc.
- Use the Web Platform Installer to automate the installation and configuration of PHP on your server. This can be done manually, but extremely difficult at times.
You will find the installer here; http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx
Download and launch the installer Web Platform Installer
Now search for Web Platform Installer and Launch it
Now search for PHP, as shown below I selected PHP 5.6.31 and clicked on “Add”
If dependent components are missing, they will be listed to be included with the PHP installation. Go ahead and click the “I Accept” button
After the installation completes, you’ll be presented with a summary page of the pieces that were installed. Click on Finish.
Note: If you are unlucky 😉 an error will be prompted that PHP Manager for IIS could not be installed. I was successfully able to install some PHP and its components but was unable to install PHP Manager for IIS.
Note: I had both ( .NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0 & 3.0) installed) etc. And none of the registry key modification I found online helped.
The installer for PHP manager can be found here: https://github.com/edgardo001/PHPManagerForIIS-Versiones
Now launch Windows IIS and Set recommendations for adding index.php to default file and automatically reset php when config.php is updated.
– Click on the “View recommendations.” link.