The domain-based network provides centralized administration for corporate networks from a centralized location and this enables users to access only the resources for which they have been granted access.
To have your device joined to the Domain, you must meet the following requirements as listed below
– Domain Controller must be available
– Only these Windows Edition are possible “Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Windows Education Edition”.
What to note before joining a device to a domain:
- A computer object must be created in the directory service (this is essential for the computer not to be placed in the default computer container).
Note: Even after joining the PC to the domain and the PC is placed in the default computer container, this can be moved to the desired container (OU) of your choice.
- In order to join a PC to a domain, appropriate domain permission is required to be able to perform this.
- To join a PC to the domain, the following information is required.
– The domain name.
– Appropriate domain privileges.
For more details, which I could not cover, see https://www.free-online-training-courses.com/creating-computers-and-joining-a-domain/
I will be demonstrating these two steps to launch the “System Properties”
– Launch the run command and
– Enter sysdm.cpl as shown below
This will launch the system properties windows, for the steps below
Next, you will be asked for your credential
– And required to have your device restarted in order to have the right settings applied.
See this article for more configuration steps https://techdirectarchive.com/2020/01/24/the-following-error-occurred-attempting-to-rename-the-computer-2/
Also, this can be achieved via the Server Manager Dashboard below.
See post OS installation for more details https://techdirectarchive.com/2020/03/19/post-os-installation-configure-windows-server-2019-properties/