Azure AD Connect sync synchronize changes occurring in your on-premises directory using a scheduler. There are two scheduler processes, one for password sync and another for object/attribute sync and maintenance tasks
The scheduler is responsible for two tasks:
– Synchronization cycle: The process to import, sync, and export changes.
– Maintenance tasks: Renew keys and certificates for Password reset and Device Registration Service (DRS). Purge old entries in the operations log.
synchronization service scheduler is suspended
Furthermore, This behavior is because synchronization is currently ongoing and you have opened Azure AD Connect to make changes, as we can see below. However, This is because the system thinks new changes will be made.
Even when the AD Connect Status command is launched via PowerShell, it returns nothing
Moreover, To resolve this issue, simply close the Azure AD Connect Tool and rerun the synchronization from the command-line interface or from the service as shown below.
Launch the AD Connect Synchronisation Service from the start menu
This will open the Synchronisation Service Manager Window and runs every 30 minutes by default.
– Now we’re just forcing the synchronization and clicking on run
There are two types of Sync available in the AD Connect tool: Delta Sync and Full Sync. Nonetheless, each one of these types has its own scenarios, and it’s will replicate the changes to Azure Active Directory.
– Delta synchronization is used to replicate the new changes made
– In the full synchronization (Synchronization cycle): this will be used to import, sync, and export all changes.
Maintenance tasks: Renew keys and certificates for Password reset and Device Registration
Service (DRS) in addition to deleting the old log files.
To force Delta sync to be run Immediately via PowerShell, open the PowerShell with administrative privilege and run below command.
Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Delta
For similar errors, see this guide “AD Connect Error: The Synchronisation service scheduler is currently synchronisation and the configuration change cannot be made at this time“.
I hope you found this blog post on synchronization service scheduler is suspended helpful. Consequently, Please let me know in the comment session if you have any questions.