We may connect to a computer remotely using AnyDesk, a remote desktop program. It is a cross-platform software that offers host device and device type agnostic remote access to many devices, including PCs. It offers VPN services, file transfers, and remote access. IT experts may access it safely and reliably. The desktop and any associated files or documents may be accessed remotely by the user from any location in the world. The address book feature in AnyDesk keeps track of connections or contacts and lets the user know whether they are online.
Note: Even in places with limited Internet connectivity and capacity, AnyDesk is still usable. This guide will show you how to install AnyDesk on a Linux computer. The steps will work on any Ubuntu be it 20.04, 16, 18, or even 22.04. Here is a related guide: How to Activate and Press Ctrl+Alt+Del in Anydesk for Remote Access Connection to Windows system.
Properties of AnyDesk
The following list of features is provided by AnyDesk, an all-in-one remote desktop program:
- Remote access: AnyDesk offers an admin tool that enables users to carry out a number of functions, including remote rebooting, reporting on sessions, analyzing reports, etc. The user’s ability to troubleshoot and repair any remote desktop issue is also made possible by admin tools.
- Remote Hardware Access: The remote systems’ hardware, such as the power button, CD/DVD reader, and cursor, are also easily accessible by users.
- Teamwork: Collaboration and communication are made simple. It is helpful for working on the same project remotely or for online meetings and presentations.
- File Transfer Ability: Files may be transferred from one PC to another PC using this. The files may be copied and pasted to many PCs.
Benefits of AnyDesk
The following below are the benefits of using AnyDesk software.
- Good efficiency with limited bandwidth: Any Desk has a codec that transports and compresses files between two computers. Even in places with poor internet, AnyDesk is easily accessible.
- Security that meets Bank criteria: AnyDesk utilizes dependable TLS technology, which is used to safeguard data and prevent unwanted access. Additionally, AnyDesk has RSA 2048 key encryption, allowing the user to verify and encrypt every session.
- Works with Android: The Software is available on cellphones in addition to AnyDesk for Desktop. On Android smartphones, the user may utilize it whenever and wherever. Because of its mobility, the user is able to stay connected to the remote system and obtain crucial information whenever needed.
- One license for several users: AnyDesk comes with a lifetime free license for all of its versions. Also, AnyDesk allows multiple users to access it in a single license.
Below are the requirements for the installation of the AnyDesk software.
- Ubuntu Linux Computer
- Make sure that the computer has sudo privileges
Step1: Update your Ubuntu Computer
Ensure that the Linux computer is updated with these commands:
sudo apt update sudo apt -y upgrade
Step 2: Add AnyDesk repository
For APT package signing, import the AnyDesk GPG key. This can be done with the command below:
curl -fsSL https://keys.anydesk.com/repos/DEB-GPG-KEY|sudo gpg --dearmor -o /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/anydesk.gpg
add resources from the AnyDesk repository to your Ubuntu installation, this can be done with the command below:
echo "deb http://deb.anydesk.com/ all main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/anydesk-stable.list
Step 3: Install AnyDesk on Ubuntu 22.04
update apt cache and install the latest release of AnyDesk on Ubuntu
sudo apt update sudo apt install anydesk
Step 4: Launch AnyDesk on Ubuntu 22.04
Now that it has been installed, search throw your apps and you will find it anydesk sitting there. You can then launch it.
Click on the application launcher and look through the list of apps for anydesk
You can also choose to search for it but if you scroll through you will see it just as shown above.
To allow a remote user to connect to your computer, enter the remote server’s AnyDesk address or share your own.
GUI Method of Installation
Don’t worry if you are not familiar with the command line. Without using the terminal, AnyDesk may easily be installed.
The official AnyDesk website offers AnyDesk for Ubuntu for download: https://anydesk.com/en/downloads/linux, this will be opened in your default browser:
Navigate to your downloads folder
Open with software install
The process looks as shown below:
Next, you need to go search it out to verify it in the list of installed software
Ubuntu software icon on the left-hand side menu, if it’s your first time interacting with it, it will have to get the software catalogue as shown below:
Congratulations, you can now go to your application launcher and launch it from there and start enjoying your newly installed software
We have installed Anydesk software using the CLI method and also the GUI method by following a series of steps as shown above.