Note: To setup a new ManageEngine, use this link and download the setup: https://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/download.html
Upgrading Password Manager from Build number is 8402 and version (8.1.2) to 9100 (9101)
First make provision for restoring the previous setup (rollback) should incase something goes wrong.
- Prerequisites and upgrade procedure
Stop the PMP service and exit the tray icon.
. Make sure the MySQL/PostgreSQL process is not running in the task manager.
• Right-click on command prompt and run as administrator.
• Navigate to <PMP-Home>/bin folder from CMD ————>i.e. C:ManageEnginePMPbin
• Execute the command UpdateManager.bat
(this will prompt a window and you have to put the PPM file downloaded in any of the directories)
• Select and apply the .ppm file(upgrade pack)
• Once it is applied successfully.
• Start the PMP service to ensure everything is working fine.
• You can follow the same steps to reach to the latest version.
Note: Ensure to stop the services of PWM and also ensure the MySqld and Postgres aren’t running
Note: It is also recommended to test after each upgrade, to ensure the builds are actually applied.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.