DriveLock is a lightweight software solution that helps you secure your desktop computers. It has a Multilingual User Interface (MUI), allowing you to select the desired language during installation or when running the program.
DriveLock offers dynamic, configurable access control for mobile drives (floppy disk drives, CD-ROM drives, USB memory sticks, etc.). DriveLock also lets you control the use of most other device types, such as Bluetooth transmitters, Palm, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, cameras, smartphones, media devices, etc. for some of the articles I have written on Drivelock, see the following hyperlinks below.
- For the Concept of DriveLock.
- For how to perform DriveLock quick setup.
- How to download DriveLock software and install DriveLock.
- How to install DriveLock Encryption software (Standalone Installation).
- DriveLock Error: The push installation of the agent failed for the computer – Error message (67) The network cannot be found.
The DriveLock Agent is the most important component of the DriveLock infrastructure. It implements and enforces your policy settings and must be installed on every computer where you want to control removable drives, devices or other settings.
Note: Unless you assigned the DriveLock Agent by using Group Policy, you can remove a DriveLock Agent from a computer by using the Add/Remove Programs application in Control Panel. DriveLock Agents can also be uninstalled using the following command line, specifying the original installation package (.msi).
Scenario 1: If the DriveLock is assigned by Group Policy, you cannot remove DriveLock by just using the Add/Remove Programs application in Control Panel or Windows Settings. See the error below for this example.
Solution: You will have to create an OU to exclude this policy from applying to computers.
Scenario 2: Use this method below if you installed the agent via the installer.
– Via the Control Panel: If you installed DriveLock Agent to a computer by using the .installer file.
In this way, you can simply remove it via the “Add/Remove Programs” application in Control Panel.
– Via the Command Line: DriveLock Agents can also be uninstalled using the following command line, specifying the original installation if you also installed it using the package .msi
msiexec /x DriveLockagent.msi
If you have configured DriveLock to require a password for uninstalling, you must use one the following commands.
msiexec /x DriveLockagent.msi UNINSTPWD=password
msiexec /x DriveLockagent.msi UNINSTPWDENC=encrypted-password
Scenario 3: If you are using using Active Directory groups: Ensure the PC is removed from the active Diretory group,
Next, proceed to manually de-installing the agent from your PC using any of the methods described in scenario 2 above.
Reboot your device
Proceed to the DriveLock Control Center, under the "helpdesk"
Delete the device from the system (database).
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.