Remote connection issue is not a new problem for someone that connect regularly to an office network or to a site network. Some of these issues are simply caused as a result of hitches on the network, wrong network configuration, or system issues. But in this guide, I will be discussing on remote connection issue caused as a result of the license. Remote Desktop License is also known as Client Access Licenses (CALS), this license can be purchased from Microsoft and configured on the server with the connection issue. These are some related guides on fixing issues on your computer How to fix the issue “The Security Database on the Server does not have a Computer Account for this Workstation Trust Relationship” on Windows Server, and how to Quickly Fix Windows Search Bar Not Working
The below is the error displayed when you have the connection issue as a result of the license.
Follow the steps below on fixing this issue.
- Open the Server Manager and click on RD Licensing Diagnoser
When the RD Licensing Diagnoser opens you will see the below image and see that licenses are not available.
- Now click on RD Licensing Manager to install the license you have purchased.
- Right-click the server and select Install Licenses
- You need to know the type of license you purchased whether its
- In this guide we will be using License Pack (Retail Purchase) as our License program.
- Add the License key and click next
- After the License is successfully installed click on Finish.
- Now let’s review the configuration by opening the RD Licensing Manager and select Review Configuration.
- It’s possible you will have some issues like the issue of The license server is not a member of the Terminal Server License…….
- Click Add to Group and Continue
- Enter the Domain user name and password and click Ok
- If the domain username and password is correct then the license server will be added to the Terminal Server License Servers Group in Active Directory.
- If you refresh the RD License Manager all configuration will be fine.
- But if you check the RD Licensing Diagnoser you might still see some errors like the below image.
- To fix the above error, In the search button of your task bar enter edit group policy
- Click on Use the specified Remote Desktop license servers
- Select Enabled and enter the License server you want to use which is the name of the physical server and click Ok.
- Click on Set the Remote Desktop licensing mode
- Select Enabled and Specify the licensing mode for the RD Session Host server either Per device or Per User and click Ok.
- If you check the RD Licensing Diagnoser again the number of licenses available for clients should display and no error or warnings would display.
- You can now go ahead and remote desktop to the server and the connection will be successful because the license configuration has been implemented successfully.
I hope you found this blog post on How to fix the issue “The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers available to provide a license.” very interesting and helpful. In case you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in the comment section.