VMware can be used as a desktop hypervisor to manage apps in a local virtualization environment. You can download the VMware Workstation or the Workstation Pro online which depends on your requirements for the sandbox environment you plan to set up. In this quick guide, I will be showing you how to Install Windows 10 on VMware Workstation. Here are some exciting articles: How to record the screen of macOS, how to Set Quicktime or VLC as a default player on macOS, and how to prevent VLC player from reverting to the native video size on Mac.
With a VMware Workstation Player, you can easily run multiple operating systems as a virtual machine, and you can download it for free. You can download a free Windows 10 in iso format online and can quickly be installed on VMware.
Check this article if you want to know How to install Windows Server 2022 on VMware Workstation, How to upgrade VMware Tools in vSphere , and 3 Ways to Convert VMware VMs to Hyper-V and how to Create or delete snapshots on VMware Workstation
Steps to Install Windows 10 on VMware using the Windows iso file
1: Download the latest version of VMware Workstation Player and install it.
2. Download Windows 10 iso file. Name the file Windows 10 and save in a location.
3. Launch the just installed VMware Virtual Machine and select “Create a New Virtual Machine”
4. Browse to the location you saved the Windows 10 iso file and select it. Click Next.
4. Enter a name for the Virtual Machine. You may want to see how to extend a VM Hard Disk on VMware Workstation.
Specify Disk Capacity and Virtual Disk type
5. Next step is creating your virtual disk. The recommended maximum disk size is 60 GB. In this article we will be selecting “Split virtual disk into multiple files” option.
If you don’t select this option, VMware will allocate the space on your hard drive.
6. If you want to further configure more settings then click on Customize Hardware. But if you want to move ahead without another configuration, just click Next. In this guide I will show you the other configurations.
7. In this section you can adjust the Memory or the processors. This is dependent on your system capacity.
But you can also decide to stick with the default values. After setting the configuration you can click next.
6. Begin the installation by clicking on “Power on” and follow the steps. If you have a product key you can insert it, if you don’t have you can skip it. Please see The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relation [Part 1].
That’s all you need to install Windows 10 on VMware.
FAQs on Installing Windows 10 on VMware Workstation Player using Windows iso file.
1. Select Create a New Virtual Machine in the main window.
2. Browse and locate your Windows 11 ISO file.
3. Select Next.
4. Select Microsoft Windows in the Guest operating system section.
After downloading the ISO image, open the File Explorer and right-click on the downloaded file. From the pop-up menu, select the Mount menu. This will open a virtual drive that is visible in File Explorer. You can then go ahead to install the software.
I hope you found this blog post on how to Install Windows 10 on VMware Workstation Player using Windows iso file. Interesting and helpful. In case you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in the comment section.