Microsoft is always adding new features to their Windows 11 operating system and one of the new features is the End Task option. What this will bring for you is that each time you want to terminate an unresponsive app you don’t need to open the Task Manager to do that, but you can right-click a task and terminate the unresponsive task immediately. In this article, I will be showing you How to Enable the End Task Option on Windows 11 Taskbar. Please see How to end a program via the Task Manager in Windows 11, and the Various methods on how to launch Windows Task Manager.
You need to be running Windows 11 with an Insider build 23466 or higher and just updating the OS alone cannot display this feature on the Taskbar but you need to do some configurations first, you will need to enable Developer Mode and turn the feature on from there.
You can read further on How to Fix Taskbar Icons Missing on Windows 11, how to Hide or Remove Search Button from Windows 11 Taskbar, how to Hide or Remove Search Button from Windows 10 Taskbar, and how to Fix System Tray Icons not showing in Taskbar on Windows 11
Steps to Enable the End Task Option on Windows 11 Taskbar
1. Right-click the Start menu and select Settings. You can start the enabling process by opening the system settings.
2. Select the Privacy & Security option from the left panel.
Under the Security section click the For developers option.
3. Toggle the Developer Mode option to ON. The default settings for the Developer Mode is OFF so you need to set it to ON.
4. Developer Mode Confirmation
You will need to confirm you want to continue with the developer mode by clicking Yes.
5. Close the Settings
Close the Settings and restart your system. Then re-open Settings and select Privacy & Security > For developers.
Scroll down and toggle End Task to ON.
Once you complete all the steps above you can right-click on any app opened on the Taskbar and select End Task from the context menu.
1. Right-click on the taskbar and choose Task Manager from the menu.
2. Or press CTRL + Alt + Delete and select Task Manager.
3. Or press CTRL + Shift + Escape to open the processes tab.
4. Or select Start, Run, and type taskmgr.exe.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Escape to open Task Manager.
2. Select the app you want to close.
3. Click End task
I hope you found this blog post on How to Enable End Task Option on Windows 11 Taskbar Interesting and helpful. In case you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in the comment section.