Update Global Address: Leverage the Exchange Management Shell, a robust command-line interface based on Windows PowerShell technology, for streamlined automation of Exchange admin tasks. To manage every aspect of Exchange, including Update Global Address, utilize the Exchange Management Shell.
When prompted with this error “Update-GlobalAddressList’ is not a recognised” Ensure to follow these few steps:
- Open Exchange Management Shell
- Type in Add-PsSnapin Microsoft* and hit enter
- Now type in Install-CannedRBACRoles and hit enter
- And finally, run Install-CannedRBACRoleAssignments and hit enter
- Now close EMS and reopen
- Try typing the command one more time: update-GlobalAddressList -Identity “Default Global
- Address List” -DomainController “yourdomaincontrollername”
This fix should correct the issue associated with GlobalAddresslist and make the list of end users available.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. Please let me know in the comment session if you have any questions.