Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises. Navigated to the following Link to install this version of password manager (PWM).
Step 1: Selected 9101 (Your Password Manager version)
– click on ManageEngine_PMP.exe to get the setup
Double on this setup to run it.
Agree to the license and next select the desired path (folder to setup the server on)
Since I am configuring it as a failover server, I chose the second option below
Click on Okay to add the exception
And click on next to begin installation
The setup window will disappear and it will look this way
Now the installation is complete and just click on finish
Note: You can optionally uncheck the ReadMe file.
Note: After installing do not start the service
Step 2: Create Data Replication Pack for High Availability in Primary
- Stop Primary and Secondary Servers, if running. Ensure that the postgres process of PMP is NOT running
- Open a command prompt and navigate to <PMP_Primary_Installation_Folder>/bin directory
- Run the script HASetup.bat <FQDN of PMP Primary Server> <FQDN OF PMP Secondary Server > (Windows) / HASetup.sh <FQDN of PMP Primary Server> <FQDN OF PMP Secondary Server >
To run this script, you need to pass the fully qualified domain names of the host where PMP primary and secondary servers are installed as commandline arguments. For Example, if the primary server is running at (say) primary-server in the domain zohocorpin.com and the secondary server is running at (say) secondary-server in the domain zohocorpin.com , you need to execute the above script as follows:
- In Windows: HASetup.bat primary-server.zohocorpin.com secondary-server.zohocorpin.com
- In Linux: sh HASetup.sh primary-server.zohocorpin.com secondary-server.zohocorpin.com
- This will create a replication package named ‘HAPack.zip’ under <PMP_Primary_Installation_Folder>/replication
folder. This zip contains the database package for secondary
- Copy the HAPack.zip. This has to be put in the PMP Secondary installation machine as detailed in Step 3 below.
- Start PMP primary server
and enter the URL for the primary and secondary and execute
– Creating the replication package needed
Successfully created the replication package needed for setting up the secondary PWM
Folder successfully created need for replication
At some point you will get an error via email, ignore it. This is because you do not have the secondary server setup yet.
Step 3: Put the HA Data Replication Pack in Secondary
Put the HAPack.zip file copied from the PRIMARY Installation (as detailed in the previous step) in to the <PMP_Secondary_Installation_Folder> and unzip it. Take care to extract the files under <PMP_Secondary_Installation_Folder> only. It will overwrite the existing data files.
Now navigate to C:ManageEnginePMP on the secondary Password Manager Server
– Copy the HAPack to this folder
Use 7zip (Use Extract Files Here) to extract into the same folder, this will replace some existing files in the folders
Step 4: Specify the Location of Encryption Master Key
– After extracting HAPack.zip in PMP Secondary Server, navigate to /conf folder, edit manage_key.conf and specify the location of pmp_key.key (encryption master key). PMP requires the pmp_key.key file accessible with its full path when it starts up every time. After a successful start-up, it does not need the key anymore and so the device with the key file can be taken offline.
The High Availability configuration is ready now. To get it up and running, start PMP Secondary server.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.