With OffCAT, you can take the following actions to help you detect problems with your Office programs:
- Scan and fix known issues in Office programs
- Determine if your Office program is up-to-date
- Review detailed configuration information for Windows, hardware, the user, the Office and scanned program installation, the registry, and much more
- Send feedback to the OffCAT team
- Follow the OffCAT team on Twitter @MS_OffCAT
There are many other features and capabilities available in OffCAT. They are discussed in detail in the full version of the OffCAT ReadMe from the Microsoft Download Center.
This section of the document is intended to get OffCAT installed in the shortest amount of time, show you how to scan an Office program with OffCAT, and to help you find solutions to issues identified in the scan.
System Requirements for OffCAT
Before you install or use OffCAT, make sure that your computer meets the following system requirements.
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Supported Microsoft Office versions:
- Microsoft Office 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit) (Click-to-run or MSI installs)
- Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit or 64-bit) (Click-to-run or MSI installs)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit or 64-bit, MSI installs only)
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Minimum version of the Microsoft .NET Framework:
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.5
How to install OffCAT
Once you have met all of the system requirements, it is time to install OffCAT using the following steps.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
1. Start the OffCAT installation by either clicking Run when prompted by the Microsoft Download Center or by double-clicking OffCAT.msi (that you downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center).
2. Click Next in the ‘Welcome’ dialog box of setup.
Refer to Microsoft Support and Recovery Wizard for Office 365 (SaRA) Tool. https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/4098558/scan-outlook-by-using-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant