Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) offers a unique tool that allows you to manage many aspects of Microsoft Server technologies remotely (from your Personal computer).
RSAT enables System and Network Administrators to run snap-ins and tools on remote servers, thereby managing roles and role services and can also be used to manage Group Policy, Hyper-V etc. RSAT “can be installed ONLY on computers that are running the full release of Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 Enterprise, or Windows 10 Education.”
Why use RSAT?
– This reduces the overhead etc. and introduces best practices and security measures in protecting the domain controller.
– The more people who log on to a server, the more profiles that get created and this results in utilizing the disk space.
– Logging on to a server to perform a task means that people are more likely to do other things on the server as well and be a little less careful. This can lead to problems such as viruses getting on to the servers or someone accidentally shutting the server down because they forgot that they were on a DC.
For more information, click on the following link http://bit.ly/2FEAhbE
Starting with Windows 10 October 2018 Update, RSAT is included as a set of "Features on Demand" in Windows 10 itself
Download And Install RSAT
Follow this link to install RSAT on your PC in order to manage your Domain Controller(s) remotely https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520
Click on download and run through the install process, accept the license agreement and follow the prompts. This will install RSAT on your system
When the installation completes, you can start using the snap-ins to manage your remote servers immediately. Simply search for your desired tools by typing the name into the Windows (Cortana) search bar as shown below.
Note: You can decide to disable any of the installed features you do not need. To accomplish this, kindly follow these steps.
– Click on Control Panel Programs and Features in the Control Panel and
– Click on Turn Windows features on or off
This will open the Windows features Window in Windows 10. Here you can disable or enable any of the features you do not need to.
To install the Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) on Windows Server 2016, click on this link https://techdirectarchive.com/2020/01/12/to-install-the-remote-server-administration-tools-rsat-on-windows-server-2016/