Action Center is a Windows 10 feature and it provides users with quick access to common system settings and app notifications.
By default, the Action Center interface is hidden until the user clicks the Action Center icon on the taskbar. This icon now resides on the right of the taskbar close to the clock icon.
This displays a badge indicating the number of new notifications or alerts. These changes are welcomed by those who frequently use Action Center, but for those who don’t, they are a form of DISTRACTION.
Currently, there is a possibility to turn this feature off, here are the steps below.
– Lunch the Settings app or use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut
– Click on Turn system icons on or off
– Toggle the button off as shown below.
This will ensure the “Action Centre” icon is removed from the taskbar.
Note: This was tested and worked for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and Windows 10 Enterprise Editions.
Alternatively, search for “Turn system icon on or off” from the search button (start menu) as shown below.
– When the “Turn system and icons on or off” page open up.
– Switch the Action Center off as shown above previously.
Via Group Policy: In the Local Group Policy Editor, in the left-hand pane, navigate to the following folders as shown below,
– User Configuration,
– Administrative Templates
– Start Menu and Taskbar.
On the right pane, find the “Remove Notifications and Action Center” item by double-clicking on it.
Via the registry settings: The Action Center” can also be removed via the registry settings. To make this happen, follow the steps below.
– Search for regedit.exe and launch it
Navigate to the following key
– Right-click the Explorer folder icon and
– Select a New DWORD (32-bit) Value.
– Name the new value DisableNotificationCenter.
– Double click on the newly created DisableNotificationCenter value and
– Set the value to 1 in the “Value data” box as shown below.
Next, exit the Registry Editor, and reboot your device to apply the changes
Note: You can reverse these changes, by simply deleting the key as shown below and ensure to restart the device to apply the changes.