PowerPoint contains it’s own video recorder which can capture video and audio from any activity you might make on your computer.
On Windows: Follow the steps below
- Open PowerPoint and go to the Insert tab as shown below
- Click on Screen Recording under Media on the far right. Make sure the Microphone is on/off as you desire by clicking the microphone icon.
- Turn Screen Pointer on/off to control if the mouse will show up in the recording.
- Select the area of the screen you would like to record. Press Record to begin.
- Press Pause to halt the recording temporarily. Press the stop button to end the recording.
- Right click on the video and click on Save “Enter any name of your choice”
- Save the screen recording to your desired destination.
To record your Slide Show on macOS: To record a slide show in PowerPoint, you must have an internal or external computer microphone. When you record a slide show in PowerPoint, you advance through the slides in Slide Show view while narrating it. This saves the narration with the slides.
In the future, you can view the presentation in Slide Show see it while hearing the narration you recorded. This lets you deliver a presentation to others when you are not able to deliver a presentation in person.
Follow the steps below to record your slide show.
– Launch PowerPoint
– Navigate to Slide Show as shown below.
– This will display the “Record Slide Show” button as shown below
– Click on record Slide Show as shown above. This will automatically open the slideshow recording windows
When you are done recording the slide show,
– Click on the screen and you will be prompted with a window, saying if you would like o save your slide show
– Or right click on the Window and select End show as shown above
– Click on Yes