The free DigiCert Certificate Utility for Windows is a very good and indispensable tool for administrators and a must-have for anyone that uses SSL Certificates for Websites and servers or Code Signing Certificates for trusted software. This is a globally accepted tool that you can use for certificate management and various certificate troubleshooting. It is very easy to configure and has a straightforward approach to usage.
You can read more related guides: Enable LDAP over SSL with a Third-party Certification Authority such as DigiCert, Generate a self-signed SSL certificate: How to enable LDAP over SSL with a self-signed certificate, How to use the DigiCert Certificate Utility for Windows to create a CSR and Generating your Trial SSL Certificate for private IP using DigiCert PKI Platform.
Follow these Steps to Import Your SSL Certificate with the DigiCert Utility
- However, You can buy or request for trial SSL Certificate from DigiCert and follow this guide Generating your Trial SSL Certificate for Private IP using DigiCert PKI Platform on requesting for a trial SSL Certificate.
- On the Windows Server where you created the CSR, save the generated SSL certificate e.g Your_SSL_CERT.cer to the same folder you saved the DigiCert Certificate Utility executable (DigiCertUtil.exe).
- Run the DigiCert Certificate Utility.
- In the DigiCert Certificate Utility for Windows, click SSL and then, click Import.
Moreover, Enter a new friendly name or type a unique name in the default box to identify the certificate.
- click Finish to complete the certification import.
- Nonetheless, If the certificate is valid, the system will display a successful message confirming the import and showing the SSL Certificate on the DigiCert Certificate Utility for Windows.
- After successfully installing the SSL certificate, assign the certificate to the appropriate site, such as IIS.
I hope you found this blog post very interesting and helpful for importing your SSL Certificate to your Windows Server using DigiCert Utility. Furthermore, If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask in the comment section.