The new Microsoft 11 comes with ads that have been added to some features in the OS and sometimes this can be irritating because nobody wants to live with this or be an advertisement target. Microsoft knows this already and they have different ways for users to follow whenever they decide to remove or disable any ads. Some of the promoted apps are installed on your computer without your knowledge while others are just shortcuts to their Microsoft store download pages. For more guides on Windows OS, you can read these: How to add languages to your Personal PC, How to Install Windows Admin Center on Windows 10 & 11, Windows 10 and Windows 11 updates will now expire for better performance, How to install and uninstall Docker Desktop on Windows 10 and Windows Server, How to upgrade Windows 10 with an unsupported CPU and TPM 1.0 to Windows 11, How to Upgrade Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise and vice Versa, How to install Windows 11 on HyperV
In this guide, I will be showing you steps to follow in helping you to remove Microsoft ads from your Windows 11 system.
How to remove Ads from the Windows 11 Lock Screen
Another location where you will see ads on your Windows 11 device is at the lock screen section which is called “facts, tips, tricks, and more,” but they are ads. Follow these steps on how to remove them.
- Open Settings and on the left side click Personalization.
- Under Personalization, click the Lock screen.
- Then uncheck Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen.
You can only disable ads on Win 11 if it is on Picture or Slideshow, but if it is set to Windows Spotlight then it will be impossible to remove the ads.
How to Remove ads from Windows 11 Notifications
Another area you will need to check is the Windows 11 Notifications section like the Action Center, Taskbar, and some other places. You will always see the ads as ‘Suggestions’ or ‘tips. If you want to remove this, then follow the steps below:
- Open Settings and on the left side menu of the Settings page, select System.
- Under System, click Notifications.
- Then on the Notifications settings uncheck Offer suggestions on how I can set up my device and Get tips and suggestions when I use Windows. After doing this the ads will be removed.
How to Remove Ads from Windows 11’s Settings
Another place you need to check for ads is the windows settings.
Follow the below steps in removing ads in Windows 11’s Settings:
- Open Settings and on the left-sidebar, click Privacy & security.
- Then, select General from the Private & security settings.
- Under General, look for Let apps show me personalized ads by using my advertising ID, Let websites show me locally relevant content by accessing my language list, and Show me suggested content in the Settings app Show me suggested content in the Settings app. switch them to Off.
How to Stop Diagnostic Data from showing Ads
Diagnostic data are some important details about your device and Microsoft have done it in such a way that they can push ads to you based on those details.
Follow the below steps in stopping this action.
- Open Settings and under Settings, click Privacy & security.
- Then click Diagnostics & feedback.
- Under the Tailored experiences drop-down menu set the button to OFF. This will not Let Microsoft use your diagnostic data for personalized, tips, ads and recommendations
I hope you found this blog post on How to disable Ads in windows 11 interesting and helpful. In case you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in the comment section.