What to do when npm installation hangs?
The Image below the “sill idealTree buildDeps” when installing NPM. Kindly follow the steps below to resolve these issues.
Clear Cache and Registry Config
1. How to fix npm install hangs on ‘sill idealTree buildDeps’ by Clearing Cache and Registry Config
One of the first thing you should do is to clear the cache and set the npm registry by using the following commands. npm connects to a registry to resolve packages by name and version. When the registry is not set correctly the npm install command will get stuck when it gets to the point you see ‘sill idealTree buildDeps’.
2. Delete the node_modules and reinstall your node dependencies
This issue can be caused when the node_modules and your package-lock.json or yarn.lock files have some issues.
Use these commands on the Windows system.
Use these commands on macOS or Linux.
3. How to fix npm install hangs on ‘sill idealTree buildDeps’ by Using a YARN Command.
This issue may be resolved if you use the yarn command rather than the npm. You can delete all files related to npm and re-run with yarn.
You can avoid using both npm or yarn commands together as it can cause issues. Please see how to Disable Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge using Registry or Group Policy in Windows, and how to Create a React App with Vite.
4. How to fix npm install hangs on ‘sill idealTree buildDeps’ by Updating your NPM version.
Try to update the version of your NPM. Once you update it the issue could be resolved.
5. Restart your code editor.
If the issue persists, restart your code editor and run the npm command again. Here are some more guides: How to Install and Uninstall Yarn on Ubuntu Linux, and how to set up a self-hosted speed test server on Ubuntu Linux.
6. Install the long-term supported (LTS) version of Node.js.
If the issue persists you can install the long-term supported version of Node.js.
I hope you found this blog post on how to fix npm install hangs on ‘sill idealTree buildDeps’. Interesting and helpful. In case you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in the comment section.