N2WS is a leading provider of enterprise backup, recovery, and disaster recovery solutions for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Relational Database Services (Amazon RDS), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon DynamoDB. Kindly refer to these related guides to more on other Veeam products. How to migrate Veeam MsSQL Database to a new MsSQL Server, how to implement N2WS Veeam Cloud Protection Manager (CPM 2.3.0d), and How to recover backup via N2WS Veeam Cloud Protection Manager (CPM).
With N2WS Backup & Recovery for AWS, you can eliminate downtime and achieve truly high availability for your critical AWS Cloud workloads.
AMI is actually not a backup solution. Charges are only applicable for the bits that make up the AMI. No additional charge for creating AMI. But if you’re making it from a running instance you will pay the fees for running a micro instance (which is about $0.02/hr, depending on the region).
– ESB charges for AMI creation. So you are only charged for the cost of storing the snapshot of the volume. When storing theS3 backup AMI, you only pay for the S3 storage fees. Kindly refer to the N2WS pricing from the following link.
For the third party backup tool by N2WS: N2WS on AWS provides a robust cloud platform for customers to create and deploy business applications without the financial burdens and time commitments of on-premises data centres. AWS noted, your applications and data are your responsibility (therefore plan a better backup solution for it).
What they provide: N2WS, a Veeam Company which provides enterprise-class data protection that is purpose-built for AWS workloads.
This operational backup, recovery, and disaster recovery (DR) solution provided by Veaam is called Cloud Protection Manager. This includes full support for Amazon EC2 instances, EBS volumes, etc.
Advantages of using N2WS Backup solutions
– Cloud Protection Manager provides recovery access to data as quickly as possible.
– Cloud Protection Manager leverages native AWS technologies to utilize block-level and incremental snapshots
– With the N2WS solutions, 100% of uptime and availability is assured.
– Adherence to specific government and compliance requirements for the AWS Cloud.
– Cross-region and cross-account DR
N2WS Pricing: These prices might no longer be valid at your time of usage
N2WS Editions and prices
- Cloud Protection Manager Free Trial & BYOL Edition
This includes bring your N2WS linces and also AWS usage fees apply
- Cloud Protection Manager Standard Edition
This costs $199.00 per month for software plus AWS usage fees
- Cloud Protection Manager Free Edition
Costs $0.00 per hour for the N2WS software plus AWS usage fees (Note: The maximum backup here is five (5) instance.)
- Cloud Protection Manager Advanced Edition
This cost $399.00 per month for software plus AWS usage fees and this supports 10 users and 10 AWS accounts
- Cloud Protection Manager Enterprise Edition
This cost $399.00 per month for software plus AWS usage fees and supports up to 20 users and 20 AWS accounts.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.