The Web Server (IIS) role in Windows Server 2019 provides a secure, easy-to-manage, modular, and extensible platform for reliably hosting websites, services, and applications. With IIS 10 you can share information with users on the Internet, intranet, or extranet. IIS 10 is a unified web platform that integrates IIS, ASP.NET, FTP services, PHP, and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). It supports HTTP, HTTP/2, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, and SMTP etc. Kindly refer to the following related contents: Event ID 5059: Application pool has been disabled or Changing identity user for IIS Application Pool, how to install Pleasant Password Server, how to perform redirection from HTTP to HTTPS, how to create a self-signed certificate using PowerShell and how to configure SSL between WSUS upstream and downstream servers and how to setup and configure Windows server update services (WSUS).
In this article, I will show you how to Install the webserver (IIS) Internet Information Services in Microsoft Windows Server 2019 operating system.
Install Web Server IIS
- After installing your web server.
- Click on Windows start menu and then select Server Manager.
- Server Manager, Dashboard select Add roles and features
- Add roles and features wizard click next.
- Install web server IIS installation type, leave “Role-based or feature-based installation” selected, and then click Next.
- Server selection, Select a server from the server pool and then click next.
- From the Select server roles tab, select the checkbox next to Web Server (IIS).
- A new window will popup that additional features are required.
- Click the Add Features button to install these as well.
- Select server roles web server iis selected click next.
- Here we’ll not be installing any additional features at this stage click next on the Select features window.
- Click next
- Enable webserver IIS Select role services, the window you can install additional services for IIS if required. then Click Next.
- Confirm installation selections, review the items that are to be installed and then click Install when you are ready to proceed with installing the IIS web server.
- No reboot required, the installation has succeeded, then click the close button.
Enable IIS Web Server With PowerShell
- Use the Windows PowerShell command line interface (CLI) instead, follow these steps.
- Open the PowerShell with admin rights and then run the Install-WindowsFeature cmdlet as shown below.
Install-WindowsFeature –name Web-Server -IncludeManagementTools
- IIS Web Server start installation progress
Web Server feature successfully enabled, and with this its include the management tools so that we can manage IIS on this server.
Install IIS with PowerShell: You can automate the IIS role and features installation by using the Powershell cmdlet. Please run the commands below. You can optionally also install additional features by using the “Add Roles and Features” wizard.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.