The Exchange Management Shell is built on Windows PowerShell technology and provides a powerful command-line interface that enables the automation of Exchange administration tasks. You can use the Exchange Management Shell to manage every aspect of Exchange.
When prompted with this error “Update-GlobalAddressList’ is not a recognised” Ensure to follow these few steps:
- Open Exchange Management Shell
- Type in Add-PsSnapin Microsoft* and hit enter
- Now type in Install-CannedRBACRoles and hit enter
- And finally, run Install-CannedRBACRoleAssignments and hit enter
- Now close EMS and reopen
- Try typing the command one more time: update-GlobalAddressList -Identity “Default Global
- Address List” -DomainController “yourdomaincontrollername”
This fix should correct the issue associated with GlobalAddresslist and make the list of end users available.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.