Activation is the process by which your Windows device is licensed and considered genuine. Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms permits. See this guide on how to check Windows 10 activation status and change your product key. See this guide on other methods to find your Windows product key, how to activate DriveLock License on Windows Server, how to use Software Licensing Management Tool (slmgr) to install and uninstall Windows product key, how to download and install DriveLock on Windows Server, how to perform DriveLock quick setup, and how to install Standalone Installation DriveLock Encryption software.
With the latest change in Windows 10, (Digital License), you don’t need the 25-digit product key to activate Windows 10 after it is being reinstalled.
Because this device is currently not activated, i am currently unable to show you more details on how to learn about the “Digital License”.
With this in place, Windows 10 now activates itself automatically using the digital license tied to your Microsoft account. This method is mostly followed by OEMs who preload Windows 10 on their laptops.
On how to find Computer Serial Number filled by OEM, model, and description, see the links and also on how to find a computer serial number.
– For WS 2019, Here is an easy way to determine your product key
Via the Command Prompt and PowerShell:
– To get your product key via the command prompt, launch the Command Prompt (CMD) or PowerShell and enter the following command as shown below.
wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey
This will output your Windows key and this method only works for OEM and Retail licenses.
Other methods to determine your Windows Product Key:
– Label / Sticker: Windows Key is most times placed on a Certificate of Authority (COA) sticker on your computer or included in the original packaging. When your device was bought from an authorized Microsoft retailer, the product key will be placed on a label inside the device box.
– Via PC’s UEFI firmware: OEMs ship computers using a new Windows activation method. Instead of providing a physical Windows key, they store it in your computer’s UEFI firmware or BIOS. So, if you know which version of Windows you are running, you can reinstall (upgrade) the same version and it’ll activate automatically without the need to enter a key
– The passFab Product Key Recovery Tool can be used to search for product keys
– Nirsoft,: This tool helps to recover Windows, Office, and SQL Product Keys. For more 3rd party tools.
– Email from Microsoft, this only applies if you got your device online via Microsoft website.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment session.