What exactly are cookies? These are text files that store every web information on your system. They are used for a better browsing experience. The reason why you get to see many of these cookies stored on a Microsoft Edge. Even though Cookies are meant to provide a better browsing experience but there are times that there could be privacy abuse from bad actors. Cookies can be used by companies to track every movement you make on the internet as all the website pages you surf and they will use this to supply you with some targeted adverts and also some vital info they think you may need. You can stop advertisers from tracking and targeting you by blocking all third-party cookies or blocking all cookies. But there are times that aside from removing all cookies or third-party cookies you may just want to clear the cookies for a specific site only.
In this article, I will be showing you how to do all these. If you want to read more on cookies and browsers you can check these articles: macOS: How to clear cookies, history, and cache in Safari, No sound on Google Chrome: How to fix sound not working on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge: All available Policies for the latest version of Microsoft Edge, How to Add or Remove Sites from the Favorites List in Microsoft Edge, How to make Cortana use your default web browser such as Google Chrome, Install Microsoft Edge on Ubuntu: How to install and remove Microsoft Edge Browser on Linux, and Set Google Chrome as default: How to set a browser as default on macOS.
Follow the below steps one after the other to remove third-party cookies from Microsoft Edge. If you wish to block ad trackers, please take a look at this guide under VPN “how to download and install Norton 360 Advanced Anti-Virus on your Mac device“.
1: To kick-start click on the three dots at the top-right corner and select Settings. The Settings page will open.
2. On the Settings page, click on Cookies and site permissions on the left pane.Se
3. On the right-hand side check for Cookies and data stored section and click on Manage and delete cookies and site data.
4. If you want to block all third-party cookies just toggle the button to OFF and with this setting no third-party cookies will work on your system. Now to remove all cookies click on See all cookies and site data.
5. The next page will show you the full list of all the stored cookies in your browser. You can search or scroll down to find the site you want to remove the cookies.
6. After searching the websites you want to delete the cookies, click the dropdown beside it and click the Delete icon next to the cookies you want to remove.
Once the Delete icon is clicked the specific cookies is removed
7. You can also click the Remove all shown button to remove all the cookies that exist on your computer.
8. You can also click the Remove third-party cookies button to remove all the cookies that belong to a third-party. You will need to agree to this removal.
9. Under the Privacy, Search and Services. On the right side bar scroll to the Clear browsing data section and click to choose what to delete or clear from your system.
10. Part of what you can clear is the Cookies. Confirm that Cookies and other site data is toggled to ON. This will always Clear the Cookies on closing the browser and you can also add the Sites you do not want the cookies to be cleared.
Below is a YouTube video showing how to remove third-party cookies from Microsoft Edge.
I hope you found this blog post on Remove all cookies: How to remove third-party cookies from Microsoft Edge interesting and helpful. In case you have any questions do not hesitate to ask in the comment section.